This Notice explains how we at DataTracks collect, use, retain and disclose Personal Data collected from you on our website.
Who we are
DataTracks, known for its quality and cost-effectiveness, strives to provide cutting-edge Regulatory Reporting Technology across the globe. DataTracks is the preferred vendor for several accounting firms, including six of the Top Ten, and thousands of corporations in the UK and Ireland for whom DataTracks has prepared more than 60,000 iXBRL returns. In the European Union, DataTracks provides solutions to conform to multiple Regulations such as AIFMD, CRD IV & Solvency II Pillar 3. DataTracks also has strong footprints in the US and Asia and is globally, serving over 19,400+ clients to prepare compliance reports. You can find more about us at https://www.datatracks.com/about-us
We are the data controller for the information we get from you on your visit to our website and for the information you provide to us for registration.
We are the data processors for the information you upload on our website for processing, as our registered users.
Our information handling practices are continually reviewed to ensure that they comply with the South Africa’s Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI), 2013 as well as “Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information Rules, 2011” under Section 43A of the Indian Information Technology (Amendment) Act, 2008.
We collect your Personal Data in following ways on our website:
- Through information provided by you when you visit our website
- You fill up our ’Contact Us’ Form and submit your Name, Email Address and Phone Number.
- You chat with us using a third-party chat application (Live chat support tool)’ or any other similar tool, where we collect your Name, Email Address.
- When you connect with us on call, we collect your Phone Number, Name and Email Address to contact you back.
- When you connect with us by sending us emails, we collect your Name and Email Address to contact you back.
- You request quote for CIPC filing where we collect your Name, Email Address and Phone Number.
- Through information provided by you while registering
- You fill up our Registration Form and submit your Username, Password, Your Name, Email Address, Street Address, Your Organization Name, City, Post Code, Country, and Telephone Number.
- You agree to receive our marketing material through emails by checking the checkbox on registration form showing message, “I am happy to receive marketing material for related services from DataTracks or its associates”
- Through information provided by you as a registered user of our website
You upload files (annual reports and accounts) that contain names of the Shareholders of the company/entity.
- Through log files
As registered user when you access our website, we collect your Username, Page accessed by you and your Access Time Stamp.
- Through cookies on our website
The cookies collect information about you when you visit our website. For more information about cookies, please refer to the ‘Cookies & Trackers Information’ section on this Notice.
Information Purpose & Usage
We use the collected Personal Data for:
- Providing you our Solutions and/or Services
- Contacting you for providing our Solutions and/or Services
- Providing you with the Marketing Material that you have opted for
- Answering your queries or technical issues or complaints
- Tracking your activities on our website as our registered user
- To deliver our products and services
- To evaluate, develop and improve our products and services
- For market and product analysis and market research
- To send you information about our other products or services which may be of interest to you
We retain and use your Personal Data as long as it is necessary for fulfilment of the respective purposes as specified in this section.
Lawful Bases of Processing your Personal Data
We process your Personal Data by relying on one or more of the following lawful bases:
- You have explicitly agreed to/consented to us processing your Personal Data for a specific reason such as direct marketing.
- The processing is necessary for the performance of the contract we have with you or to take steps to enter into a contract with you.
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation we have.
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by us such as marketing, product analysis and market research.
Choice & Consent
On our website, every page that collects Personal Data from you, states the purpose of collection of information. If you agree to the purpose, you can provide your information and thus give your consent to us to use the information provided for the stated purpose.
If, at any point, we decide to use your Personal Data for a different purpose, we will notify you and obtain your consent.
You can withdraw your consent at any point in time by reaching out to us as at details mentioned in the ’Contact Us’ section. Consequences of withdrawal will be communicated to you and, on your agreement, your request for withdrawal will be processed.
Cookies & Trackers Information
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
Outlined below are the categories of cookies along with a description of what they are used for.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – These cookies are needed to run our website, to keep it secure and to comply with regulations that apply to us.
- Functional Cookies – We may use functional cookies on our website. These cookies allow us to remember information you enter or choices you make (such as your username, language, or your region) and provide you with enhanced, more personalised features.
- Performance/Analytics Cookies – We may use performance/analytics cookies such as Google Analytics on our website. These cookies collect information about how visitors use our website and services, including which pages visitors go to most often and if they receive error messages from certain pages. It is used to improve how our website functions and performs.
- Marketing Cookies – We may use marketing cookies such as LinkedIn on our website. These cookies help us decide which of our products, services and offers may be relevant for you. We may use this data to tailor the marketing and ads you see on our own and other website and mobile apps, including social media. For instance, you may see our ads on other sites after you have been to our website.
We may also use trackers on our website and other digital properties to collect data about you.
We use services of A2H, AWS and similar Cloud Computing companies to store your personal data that you provide us on our website. These companies provide service to us under extremely strict confidentiality agreements and do not have any independent right to share this information.
We use the services of ‘PAYGATE’ payment gateway to facilitate online payment and process your orders.
Personal Data collected from you will not be disclosed without your consent. Exception to this is when such disclosure is necessary for compliance to any legal and/or law enforcement obligations. We will do so after following necessary due processes.
We will make every effort, where possible, that such mandated disclosures are communicated to you.
We are committed to protecting your Personal Data in our custody.
We take reasonable steps to ensure appropriate physical, technical, and managerial safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, alteration, transmission, and deletion.
As a global company, we strive to provide you with access to the highest-quality solutions and services wherever you are. To do this, we may transfer your Personal Data outside South Africa, to our group companies i.e., to India and you have agreed to it through the agreements signed by you. Although the data protection laws of these countries may be different from those in your own, DataTracks is ISO certified for Information Security (ISO 27001:2013) and will take appropriate steps to ensure your data is handled confidentially and securely.
Links to other websites
Our Website has links that redirects you to our social networking pages of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google +. These pages are hosted on social networking sites that are governed by their own privacy policies. Please go through their privacy policies to get information on their Privacy Practices.
Our website is not designed to be used by children aged below 18. Personal Data of children will not be knowingly collected by us.
Notification of Changes
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at any time. We will update our Privacy Notice with a new effective date stated at the beginning of it. Our processing of your Personal Data will be governed by the practices set out in that new version of the Privacy Notice from its effective date onwards.
Rights provided to you under POPI
In case you are accessing the website from within the South Africa, we are committed to providing you with the following additional rights where you can exercise:
|Rights under POPI||How we facilitate your rights|
|Right to be informed||We aid this right to you through our Privacy Notice.
Our Privacy Notice communicates how we handle your Personal Data collected through our website. For any further information, feel free to contact us.
|Right of access||You can contact us to get access to your Personal Data along with information regarding its purpose, disclosure, categories of Personal Data, storage period, source of collection of Personal Data, confirmation whether or not they are being processed.|
|Right to rectification||As a registered user of our website, you can rectify your provided details anytime by 5 accessing your account and editing the profile details.
As a visitor, you can call on the support contact number available on our website to get the information corrected.
|Right to erasure||You can contact us to get your Personal Data deleted or erased.|
|Right to restriction of processing||You can contact us and request restriction of further processing in case:
1. You contest the accuracy of Personal Data provided to us and you like to restrict its processing for a period enabling us to verify the Personal Data.
2. You think the processing of Personal Data is unlawful and request restriction instead of deletion.
|Right to object||We send you emails containing our marketing material when you opt in for it at the time of registration. You can choose to opt out of receiving marketing material from us anytime by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the marketing email that you receive from us.|
|Right not to be subject to Automated individual decision-making, including profiling||We do not process your Personal Data for automated decision-making including profiling.|
|Right to be notified||You have the right to be notified when the personal information collected is accessed by unauthorised persons.|
|Right to lodge a complaint||You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Regulator regarding the alleged interference with the protection of the personal information of any data subject or to submit a complaint to the Regulator in respect of a determination of an adjudicator.|
|Right to institute Civil proceedings||You have the right to institute Civil proceedings regarding the alleged interference with the protection of his, her or its personal information.|
We will verify your identity when you exercise these rights. For exercising your rights and getting information about any limitations which apply on them, you can reach out to us at the contact details given below
For any further queries and complaints related to privacy, or exercising your rights under POPI, you could reach us at:
Contact No.: +91 44 4008 9000
Contact Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
DTracks Pty Ltd
222 Smit Street Braamfontein,
South Africa 2001.