Companies House Filing vs HMRC Filing with iXBRL | DataTracks UK

Companies registered in the UK are required to file their accounts with Companies House, while all businesses (not just companies) are required to do the same with HMRC, along with their tax returns. Companies are therefore required to submit the same information to two different authorities. HMRC maintains a joint filing accounts template that is meant for small audit exempt companies. When these companies fill up the accounts, data gets filed with both the government departments electronically.